Source3 is bringing South Park to 3D Printing!
ATTENTION South Park super fans, technophiles and collectible geeks – For the first time, you will be able to purchase some of your favorite South Park characters previously unavailable in physical form.
Source3 has launched a collector-inspired line of South Park characters presented in full-color 3D prints, featuring year-round introductions of new and old characters. South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker have hand-signed a limited number of Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman figurines which select fans who purchase the full set on Shapeways will have an opportunity to win (see the store links for official rules). The product lineup also includes fan favorites like Candidate Garrison, Terrance and Phillip, Tweek and Clyde Frog. The Source3 team is thrilled to celebrate the 20th season of South Park in partnership with Viacom, South Park Studios, Brandgenuity, WhiteClouds, Amazon, and Shapeways.
Despite posing certain potential threats to brands and intellectual property, 3D printing also offers a wealth of benefits, including customization for the customer and zero inventory costs for the manufacturer, making 3D printing a potential win-win means of manufacturing. Kudos to Viacom and South Park Studios for embracing 3D technology via licensing and setting an example in the industry for other brands determining the best way to react to this promising, disruptive technology.
South Park Autographed 3D-Printed Figurine Promotion Official Rules
1. Eligibility. This opportunity to receive 3D-printed figurines autographed by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone (“Sweepstakes”) is operated by Source3, Inc. (“Source3”). It is open to legal residents in the United States over 18 years of age at the time of entry who live in a jurisdiction that does not prohibit these Sweepstakes. Employees, officers, and directors of Source3 and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
2. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Source3, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules.
3. Prize. The winning entrants will receive a set of Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Cartman, and Bus Stop Sign models with two of the four figurines signed by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
4. Sweepstakes period. The Sweepstakes Period begins on August 23, 2016 and ends on August 31, 2016 at 11:59PM ET. Entries that are submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified.
5. How to Enter. Entrants must purchase a set of Stan, Kyle, Kenny, Cartman, and Bus Stop Sign models from Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Broflovski-McCormick-Collector-Collectible-Figurines/dp/B01J29HQSS/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7C0JXRZSK4MRSHDHFM3Y. Entrants may also enter by mail without purchase by sending a postcard with name, address, phone number, and email address to:
Attn: South Park Promotion
335 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10017
All mail-in entries must be hand-printed, mailed in separately, postmarked by August 31, 2016 and received by August 31, 2016.
Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address, and per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries received from any person, e-mail address, or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Source3 and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. Winner Selection. On or about September 1, 2016, Source3 will select potential recipients of autographed figurines in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner notification. The winners will be notified when he or she receives the autographed figurines. Source3 may contact the winners via the email address provided in order to obtain confirmation of the winner’s eligibility. If Source3 cannot contact a winner through the contact information provided in a reasonable amount of time, or the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Source3 will award the autographed figurines to a runner-up randomly drawn from among the remaining eligible entries.
8. Taxes. The winners will be solely responsible for paying all federal, state, and local taxes that may be due on winnings and, as a condition of receiving the prize, Source3 may require a winner to complete tax documentation.
9. Release, Limitations of Liability and Jurisdiction. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Source3, and its agents, officers, directors, employees, shareholders (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the prize, including but not limited to (a) any technical errors associated with the Sweepstakes, (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes, (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical error, (d) lost, late, incomplete, garbled, illegible, undelivered, stolen, damaged, delayed, postage due or misdirected mail entries, (e) any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading or uploading any materials and (f) any other errors or problems in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical or electronic. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply; void where prohibited.
10. Disputes. All disputes arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively by the appropriate court located in Manhattan, New York, USA. Decisions by Source3 regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules are final. Source3 reserves the right to amend these Official Rules and to permanently disqualify any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Source3 reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes in the event of hacking, security breach, or other tampering. Any questions regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to email@example.com.
11. Additional Considerations. Source3 reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes, without notice or other obligation, in the event that Source3 is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes or the integrity or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined in any respect, including due to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, labor dispute, tampering or other unlawful act, or if, in the sole opinion of Source3, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of Source3, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes; (b) determine winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Source3; and/or (c) disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry or judging or process or operation of the Sweepstakes.
12. Winner List. To request the name of the winner send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 335 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, New York, 10017. Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Sweepstakes period.